SCHAUMBURG, Ill. -- On Jan. 4, 2011, Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) will change its name to Motorola Solutions, Inc., will begin trading on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "MSI," and will have the following board members:
• Gregory Q. Brown, director and president & CEO
• David W. Dorman, non-executive chairman
• William J. Bratton, named director
• General Michael V. Hayden, named director
• Vincent J. Intrieri, named director
• Judy C. Lewent, named director
• Samuel C. Scott III, director
• Douglas A. Warner III, director
• John A. White, director
Today we are also announcing that the Motorola Solutions board of directors plans to elect Greg Brown to the additional role of chairman of Motorola Solutions effective in May 2011 and Dave Dorman will transition into the role of lead independent director.
"I want to thank all members of the Motorola board for their service over the years," Brown said, "and I am pleased about our new board for Motorola Solutions. Additionally, I would like to welcome new members Bill Bratton, General Michael Hayden, Vince Intrieri and Judy Lewent. I look forward to working with them in building and growing our new company."
Motorola Inc. (NYSE: MOT)