Everybody loves a list…and supply chain professionals are no different. Over the past year, EBN has taken a close look at the hottest topics, and the biggest stories in the supply chain. We decided to see which of our offerings this year hit the mark for our readers.
Everyone loved hearing about newest electronic projects on the manufacturing horizon. We rooted for our favorite ivy covered halls in a list of the best schools offering an undergraduate supply chain degree. get a supply chain. We also took a global view-listing the hottest technology hubs and most popular ports.
Whether we were talking about people, places, or things, though, readers agreed that these slideshows were their favorites. If you didn't get to take a look the first time around, here's a list of the favorite slideshows (measured by views) of the year:
- 15 Biggest Technology Wins on Kickstarter: New technology gets people excited. A quick look at the Kickstarter funding platform proves it. Here's a look at the biggest wins, from personal 3D printers and inexpensive computers to smart bicycles and music players.
- 15 Crowd-Pleasing IoT Product & Platform Wins: Innovators are working hard to make the big predictions for the IoT market come true. In recent months, these IoT projects all received greater than 100% funding on their chosen crowd sourcing site.
- 15 Kickstarter Wins Bringing Robots to the World: The seeds of huge potential of the robotics market can be seen in Kickstarter where campaigns bringing a variety of robotic technologies to market have invited a groundswell of support.
- 20 Notable Tech-Based Playthings that Took Toy Fair 2016 By Storm: The North American Toy Fair was abuzz with new toys that teach engineering and electronics or incorporate the latest technology. Take a look at some of the newest innovations.
- 15 New & Old Ports Emerge as Global Trade Players: A variety of business and political factors are behind the emergence of ports that will be critically important to the supply chain by 2020.
- MLCCs: Not Your Grandfather’s Capacitors: Multilayer ceramic capacitor are considered basic technology, cheap and plentiful. Big shifts, though, have been made to improve the size, capabilities and cost.
- Top 25 Undergraduate Supply Chain Programs: Some of the most well known universities in the country offer undergraduate programs to get students started down the supply chain path.
- 15 Companies Hoping to Make Lebanon a Global Tech Hub: Positioning itself as a “Silicon Valley of the Middle East,” Beirut is making a home to start ups that are disrupting the electronics industry.
- 10 Kickstarter Projects that Prove Hardware Innovation Isn’t Dead: The death of electronics hardware has been highly overblown, if these Kickstarter projects indicate anything. Electronics designers and innovators continue to create new hardware-based electronics–and consumers are wildly enthusiastic.
- 10 Rising Supply Chain Stars: Meet the Millennials Changing Electronics: ThomasNet and the Institute for Supply Chain Management (ISM) announced the winners of its 30 Under 30 Rising Supply Chain Stars Recognition Program–and the electronics industry is well represented.
Take a look and then let us know what you might like to see in our listing features in the new year in the comments section below.
— Hailey Lynne McKeefry, Editor in Chief, EBN