Phoenix-(BUSINESS WIRE)–Today from the Gartner Supply Chain Executive Conference, APICS announced APICS for Business, an offering that brings together an enhanced suite of industry-leading supply chain frameworks, benchmarks and performance-driven learning capabilities to help corporations elevate supply chain performance and develop supply chain talent.
Available to APICS corporate affiliates, the new APICS for Business capabilities are designed to close performance gaps and achieve supply chain excellence by focusing on:
- Performance : Implementations that provide business value via predictable financial results
- Organization : Strategy that defines the path to create greater shareholder value
- Process : Global standard for supply chain management that leverages advanced analytics
- People : Learning that drives improvements in performance metrics
Built upon the foundation of the world's most widely recognized supply chain reference model, the Supply Chain Operations Reference (SCOR) framework, the APICS for Business offering now includes:
- Performance-driven learning: The SCOR framework now serves as the foundation from which APICS delivers impact for its business clients. A natural fit with the APICS portfolio of corporate learning and development programs, SCOR supports performance-driven learning by linking business processes, performance metrics, practices, and people skills into a unified structure.
- APICS ambassador program: Corporations that affiliate with APICS now have access to a value-added resource in the first year of affiliation: an APICS ambassador, a seasoned executive who will guide an organization's leadership team through the SCOR implementation roadmap. APICS ambassadors help companies maximize the benefits of SCOR implementation and minimize program risks.
- Expanded benchmarks: APICS is making it easier for affiliated companies to do benchmarking. In addition to the SCORmark Supply Chain benchmark, APICS has launched the SCORmark | Manufacturing benchmark. Without inputting any data, affiliates can search the manufacturing benchmark for practice and performance metrics and instantly see results. APICS anticipates introducing a distribution and retail benchmark in 2016, as well as SCORmark | People, a benchmark tool that helps a company identify skill gaps by process area.
“APICS for Business is based on a twenty-year history of our affiliates' best implementation practices. It brings organizations an integrated, proven approach to achieve supply chain excellence: defining business goals, analyzing current performances, planning improvements, launching implementation programs, developing talent, and measuring outcomes,” said Peter Bolstorff, APICS Executive Vice President. “Our approach is both disciplined—delivering predictable business value—and flexible—allowing for easy-to-build-upon strategic approaches. Feedback from our corporate affiliates has been positive especially as it relates to integration with other strategic approaches, like physical network design, technology optimization, and overall supply chain maturity. We are seeing first-hand how companies are integrating our implementation roadmap to execute plans that improve supply chain performance.”
Many organizations develop supply chain strategies based on supply chain maturity assessments. APICS for Business delivers a standardized approach to implement forward plans that close supply chain maturity gaps; offering a logical step from assessment and strategy, to execution and ultimately, results.
To learn more about APICS business offerings, or how to affiliate with APICS for access the SCOR process framework, visit:http://www.apics.org/about/apics-for-business. To learn how APICS business customers elevate the performance of their complex supply chains and deliver measurable results, see our customer stories: http://www.apics.org/about/apics-for-business/customer-stories.