The Internet of Things (IoT) demands a different set of microprocessors, drivers, peripherals, batteries and operating systems than conventional Embedded System used in general purpose computing systems. Conventional Embedded Systems are not competent to deliver what the IoT is expecting from an embedded device networked in IoT and it brings great challenges to develop or transform contemporary embedded system into an IoT enabled smart embedded system.
This research provides analysis of the products that will be developed to support IoT, changes in traditional RTOS required to match performance with IoT, changes in hardware required to match needs of IoT, types of peripherals, and emerging tools to support processing of embedded systems in IoT.
The report provides five year forecast for Embedded Systems in IoT for the period of 2016 - 2021. It provides regional segmentation by industry for embedded systems and components. All purchases of Mind Commerce reports includes time with an expert analyst who will help you link key findings in the report to the business issues you're addressing. This needs to be used within three months of purchasing the report.
· The overall market embedded systems will grow with a CAGR of 19.4% to reach $262B by 2021
· The complexity, time to market, and development costs for IoT devices will play a crucial role in market share
· The market for Real-time Operating Systems (RTOS) in IoT will grow with a CAGR of 26.4% to reach $58 billion by 2021
· Next generation RTOS (such as RIOT, Wind River, LifeOS and Contiki) considered the requirements for future IoT networks
· The MPU/MCU market in IoT is expected to reach $134B (about 51% of the entire embedded system component share) by 2021
· Smart embedded systems will require changing contemporary embedded system design and architecture to suit real-time operations
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3903656/