Distributors play a critical part of the electronics supply chain—and this year EBN kept close tabs on this important group of companies.
The research of EBN's parent-company UBM let us take a look at who took the top spots in this sector based on revenue, as well as took the pulse of customer perceptions of the biggest and best distribution companies.
As we head into the new year, take a look at these and other distribution-related stories that captured reader's imagination in 2015.
- 2015 Top 25 Global Franchised Distributors There are plenty of familiar names on the guest list for EBN's list of the top 25 global franchised distributors for 2015. Who do you think will be invited to the party next year?
- Broadline Distributors Shine in 2015 UBM Global Distributor Customer Evaluation Study UBM's Global Distributor Customer Evaluation Study, an annual ranking based on perceptions by supply chain, corporate, and design executives, provides a close look at how customers rate the performance of major electronics distributors.
- Is Your Distribution Center an Inviting Place for Millennials? Is the thought of managing millennials in your distribution center keeping you awake in the night? If so, you are not alone.
- EBN@C-Level: Arrow Electronics’ Tim Kolbus Talks About Supply Chain Tim Kolbus, vice president of Global Logistics Services at Arrow Electronics gives us his thoughts on supply chain strategy—and to hear about how Arrow is tackling this important topic, from hiring the right people to choosing the right technologies.
- Distributor Quandary: Amazon’s Bid for Business Buyers Retail behomoth Amazon is taking aim at business buyers, and, although most aren't concerned about today, electronics buyers are wondering what the future will bring.
Let us know what distribution companies and topics will make headlines in 2016 in the comments section below.