Shenzhen, China ESM-China , a leading electronics management title published by AspenCore, the world’s largest media group within the technical electronics sector, held the 2017 Electronic Component Distributor Awards and Global Distribution and Supply Chain Leader Summit today at Marco Polo Shenzhen Hotel in Shenzhen, China. A total of 41 outstanding companies were awarded at the ceremony, and Mr. Charles Tan, CEO of Shenzhen YKY Ltd., was recognized the Executive of the Year.
“ESM-China launched the annual Distributor Awards in 2001 to honor outstanding distributor brands in China, selected through voting by our readers and our editors. Our ultimate goal is to facilitate closer cooperation among stakeholders in the supply chain, and thus growth of the electronics industry as a whole,” said Yorbe Zhang, Asia-Pacific Head of Content at AspenCore. “We are honored to have the participation and support of so many companies in the distribution industry. And the results of the Awards are widely recognized by China’s manufacturers – a lot of them take the annual winner list as well as our Distribution and Supply China special edition as an important reference when selecting distributors.”
The concurrent Global Distribution and Supply Chain Leader Summit, themed “Enhancing the distribution industry's value proposition in support of the ‘Made in China 2025’ strategy”, brought together more than 600 executives and professionals from electronic component distributors, IC suppliers and finished-product manufacturers. As many as 10,000+ people viewed the live broadcast.
Industry leaders sharing future insights
With the implementation of the Made in China 2025 strategy, the manufacturing industry is entering into a new phase of development. Component distributors play an important role in supporting industry upgrade through enhancing supply chain efficiency. How can component distributors leverage fintech innovations to enhance competitiveness? How do they enable hardware development? How to achieve collaborative innovation? These are among the topics discussed at the Summit
Speakers at the Summit included:
- Wu Zhenzhou, Consultant in the component distribution industry
- Charles Tan, CEO, Shenzhen YKY Ltd.
- M.K. Mak, RVP of Distribution and Sales & Marketing Operations for Asia Pacific, ON Semiconductor
- Sha Hongzhi, President, Nanjing Sunlord Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Arthur Jiang, VP of Distribution and Sales for China, Arrow Electronics
- Xiao Qing, President, Sekorm Technology Co., Ltd.
- Alex Chen, VP of Supply Chain & Board Secretary, Suzhou Etron Technologies Co., Ltd.
- Ma Weina, General Manager, Shenzhen Lordstar Supply Chain Management Co., Ltd.
- Guo Dongsheng, Assistant General Manager, Icorebuy
- Che Xiaofei, General Manager, Shenzhen TopVision Technology Co., Ltd.
- Zhang Ji, COO, ZNL.ERP.COM
- Zhou Ligong, Founder, Guangzhou ZLG MCU Development Co. Ltd and ZLG Zhiyuan Electronics
“Who squeezes my profits?”
The Summit finished with a panel discussion on “Who squeezes my profits?”. ESM-China analysts have noticed that the margins of IDH, ODM, EMS as well as component distributors and manufacturers have been shrinking amid keen competition over the past few years.
What are the real reasons behind this – the challenges posed by e-commerce distributors; the changing business model of the distribution industry; or the expanding grey market? Executives from component distributors, suppliers and finished-product manufacturers shared their insights with the audience during the discussion.
Unveiling 2017 Distributor Awards winners
Winners of ESM-China Distributor Awards are selected by managers from China’s electronics industry as well as the publication’s analysts. Winners in 2017 are:
(Winners in each category are listed by alphabetical order)
- Top 10 Overseas Distri butors: Arrow Electronics, Avnet, Excelpoint Systems (HK), Future Electronics, HK Baite (Group), Mouser Electronics, RS Components, Serial Microelectonics, WPG Holdings, WT Microelectronics
- Top 10 China Distributors: Asiacom Technology, Burnon International, CEAC, Fortune Techgroup, P&S, Sekorm, Smart-Core Holdings, Sunlord Electronics, Sunray Electronics, Wisewheel Corporation
- Outstanding e-Commerce Distributors : Ichunt.com, Icorebuy, ICZOOM, LICHUANG E-COMMERCE, RightIC, YKY
- Top 5 Distributors in Technical Support: Advantage Power Ltd., EDOM Technology, HI-HONE, Lierda, Mornsun Electronics
- Top 3 Sustainable Growth Distributors: Fengbao Electronic, Pioneer Electronics, Vadas International
- Top 3 Rising Star Distributors: EZEZIC[u1] , NANDIAN ELECTRONICS, Storda
- Top 3 Distributors in Supply Capability: Adtech Electronics, America II, HJC Electronic
- Best Supply Chain Service Provider: CHINA BRILLIANT
- Executive of the Year: Charles Tan, CEO of Shenzhen YKY Ltd.