Scottsdale, Ariz. – September 7, 2016 – Increased demand volatility, business velocity and intense competition are placing increased pressures on supply chains to be responsive to disruptions and changes. Manufacturers are struggling to cope with this accelerated pace of commerce and still deliver profitable business performance.
To answer this challenge, JDA Software Group, Inc., today announced innovative new capabilities in JDA® Manufacturing Planning TM including intelligent and prescriptive demand-supply planning, real-time and collaborative cross-functional scenario analyses, and an innovative in-memory foundation for an always-on supply chain. These capabilities allow manufacturers to proactively plan risk-aware strategies, optimize business performance, and respond to disruptive events with unparalleled speed and intelligence. JDA’s industry-leading Manufacturing Planning solution offers a seamless experience on a single platform, spanning diverse supply chain processes such as network design, sales and operations planning, demand, inventory and supply planning, order promising, production scheduling, procurement and cross-enterprise collaboration.
“Our adaptable manufacturing strategy allows companies to maximize return on invested capital by staying agile and flexible in the face of high demand volatility, while staying resilient and responsive to supply disruptions,” said Puneet Saxena, vice president, solutions strategy, manufacturing planning, JDA. “Today, we introduce leading-edge innovation that accelerates intelligent decisions and provides robust real-time capabilities across demand and supply scenarios. These capabilities help manufacturers thrive in an ever-changing, high-volume, omni-channel world by empowering associates across the manufacturing supply chain to easily and collaboratively manage complex processes and deliver profitable results.”
New capabilities within JDA Manufacturing Planning enable:
· Always-on synchronization, providing one view of all demand and supply activities. This single, shared in-memory model spans all demand and supply functions, including all related dependencies and constraints. A change anywhere can be immediately seen and propagated across the entire portfolio and supply chain, and shared between demand and supply planners.
· Real-time collaboration and reconciliation capability to drive consensus and alignment. The solution’s in-memory computing framework facilitates real-time reconciliation and synchronization of top-down and bottom-up inputs across demand and supply processes. User judgments can be incorporated in real-time to enable interactive and collaborative consensus planning.
· Predictive analytics to enable end-to-end scenario planning across demand and supply . Built-in planning and simulation capabilities enable users to predict performance outcomes of decisions or changes. This allows planners to explore alternate strategies and build consensus on contingency plans before enacting the most effective and profitable decisions.
· Prescriptive analytics with guided levers resolve demand, supply and business performance exceptions. Prescriptive resolution levers and playbooks are available to help orchestrate consistent business processes and response actions across demand and supply activities. The solution helps identify potential problems and suggests appropriate resolution actions before any material impact to the business.
· New in-memory workflows increasing planning agility across all manufacturing functions. Forecasting workflows leverage enhanced in-memory computing and Excel to maximize user adoption and information transfer. In-memory workflows also improve scalability, enabling manufacturers to handle larger scenario models with low-memory requirements.
These enhancements demonstrate the accelerated pace of innovation at JDA. “With these enhancements, we continue to deliver powerful supply chain capabilities and innovation that enable our customers to achieve breakthrough levels of business performance with one solution and platform. We have made tremendous progress on the real-time front, as we offer customers a ‘one workflow view’ across demand and supply for a synchronized view spanning all planning activities,” noted Saxena.
· Watch this video: The Future of Manufacturing Planning
· Check out this Future Series paper: Top Trends in Supply Chain Management for the Next Decade
· Watch this JDA TV video: Driving Toward Continuous Planning with In-Memory Technology
About JDA Software Group, Inc.
At JDA, we’re fearless leaders. We’re the leading provider of end-to-end, integrated retail, omni-channel and supply chain planning and execution solutions for more than 4,000 customers worldwide. Our unique solutions empower our clients to reduce costs, increase profitability and improve collaboration so they can deliver on their customer promises every time. Using JDA, you can plan to deliver. www.jda.com