Whether its something to wear or a device to strap on, wearable technology is receiving enthusiastic attention from consumers. Any OEM that wants to jump on the bandwagon, though, had better get the supply chain ready.
Clearly, wearable technology has captured the imagination of electronics designers, which are cranking out ideas for glasses, jewelry, headgear, belts, armwear, wristwear, legwear, footwear, skin patches, exoskeletons, e-textiles, and more. Accounting for only $14 billion in sales in 2014, the market will explode to reach $70 billion in 2024, according to an IDTechEx research report (subscription required).
If Kickstarter is any indication, end users are anxious enough to plunk down their own hard-earned cash to make new wearable technology happen. Click the image below to review to most popular 2014 Kickstarter campaigns for wearable technology.
— Hailey Lynne McKeefry, Editor in Chief, EBN
- Get Ready for CES: The Supply Chain Side of Industry Tradeshows
- Do You Feel IoT Device Fatigue Yet?
- Know What High-Tech Online Shoppers Want
- Electronics Top Holiday Shopping List
- Wireless Tech & the New Wave of Wearables
- Wearables & IoT Boom Creates Supply Chain Challenges
- Apple Watch & the Dark Side of Wearables